The degree of rate parity observed for hotels in USA and Canada between their brand websites and the OTAs show variation by location in the October 2016 report.
- Houston maintained maximum parity with a score of 100% in the 5-star hotel category.
- Montreal is the city in the 5-star hotel category, with the highest number of hotels preferring their own brand sites to OTAs and offering lower rates with a score of 44%.
|Cities Showing Highest Parity Compliance in US and Canada||Cities Showing Highest Parity Violation in US and Canada|
|Houston 5 star 100%
Philadelphia 3 star 58%
Las Vegas 3 star 44%
Vancouver 4 star 44%
|Montreal 5 star 0%
Vancouver 5 star 0%
Chicago 5 star 9%
Vancouver 3 star 15%
Table: Parity Compliance Overview in USA and Canada
Hotels being cheaper on OTA sites is an interesting factor in the USA in the parity versus non-parity debate.
- Vancouver, Houston, Miami, New York and Seattle have a score that is as high as 70%, as cities in these hotels offer better rates on OTAs in the 3-star category.
- Las Vegas and Vancouver, at 65% and 100%, respectively, are following this pattern in the 4-star and 5-star categories.
Did you notice?
- Philadelphia and Chicago are not facing OTA dominance in better rates as most hotels there are not preferring to sell on OTAs. Numbers in these cities are as low as 39% and 37% in the 3-star category.
- Cities like Montreal and Vancouver (5-star category) with 0% parity, respectively, are displaying the need for meta-searches for prospective customers to source out best deals.
Disclaimer: The above data is indicative in nature and RateGain can’t be held liable for its accuracy or usefulness for any purpose.
To find out more about us, please visit http://rategain.com/.