Effective date: May 21, 2018
Who we are?
- What personal information do we collect?
- How do we use your personal information?
- How long do we keep your personal information?
- How do we share your personal information?
- Where do we keep your personal information?
- What rights do you have in relation to your personal information?
- How do we safeguard your personal information?
- How will we update this Policy?
- Other important information.
- How can you contact us about this Policy?
What personal information do we collect?
We collect information that you supply to us when you choose to contact us for more information or when you register for one of our websites or online services. This information typically includes your name, professional credentials, email address and other contact data. We may append information from other sources, such as Google Analytics, to supplement what you give us. We do, on occasion, obtain or license contact information from third parties for limited marketing purposes, such as maintaining an accurate marketing database.
We gather date, time and certain additional information about a user’s browser and system or device configuration and capabilities for all visitors to our web sites. We may use this information for our internal security audit log, for trend analysis and system administration and to gather broad information about our audiences.
How do we use your personal information?
We may use personal information we collect to:
- provide and administer our services;
- understand our audience and improve how our websites work
- contact you and answer your questions;
- market and advertise our products and services to you;
- allow you to publish comments and participate in professional web-based forums;
- keep our systems, users, employees and services safe
- provide you with the information or support you requested.
How long do we keep your personal information?
We keep your personal information for so long as is necessary in light of the purpose for which it was originally collected or lawfully further processed. The criteria we use to determine the period of time for which your personal information may be kept include:
- the nature and type of personal information that you provide to us;
- the purpose for which you provide your personal information to us; and
- necessary business and operational requirements to continue to supply you with the services or functionality you have requested
- We may retain your information for a longer time period if we are required to do so by law.
How do we share your personal information?
We may disclose personal information about you to third parties, including:
- to other members of the RateGain;
- to vendors that work on our behalf;
- to law enforcement when we have a good-faith belief that it is necessary to comply with a court order, ongoing judicial proceeding or other legal process served on us;
- to exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims; and
- to protect human safety or our networks or property, or as part of a sale or merger of our company or business assets.
We may retain your information for a longer time period if we are required to do so by law.
Where do we keep your personal information?
We collect, store, and process information on servers around the world and may access that information globally. If you are located in the European Union, please note that your personal information may be transferred out of, or stored outside, the European Economic Area. The privacy protections in these jurisdictions may not be equivalent to those in Europe. We will take steps to ensure that your personal information continues to be protected through adequate safeguards, copies of which are available from us on request at the email address below.
What rights do you have in relation to your personal information?
European law gives individuals a number of rights in relation to their personal information. These include the right to access, and in some circumstances to amend, delete, or restrict the continued processing of, personal information. Please note that deleting your information or restricting the continued processing of your information may limit our ability to continue to provide our websites, applications, and online services to you.
You also have a choice about:
- Whether to receive email marketing messages from us.You may opt out of our email marketing lists by following the opt-out directions at the bottom of our promotional emails. Please note that we have a number of brands and products and allow you to opt out selectively.
- Whether to share information about yourself and your use of our sites with third parties including social media sites.
- If you use credentials from a third party, like LinkedIn, to register, then that third party will also record the fact that you have registered for our sites and may use that information consistent with its own privacy statements and practices. If you use Share, Like or similar social media buttons, those actions may be posted elsewhere (such as on the relevant social media sites).
- Whether to allow certain uses of cookies and other data collection technologies.Please see our Cookies Policy.
If you have any questions about your rights, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also contact your local Data Protection Authority.
How do we safeguard your personal information?
We use a range of security measures to protect your personal information. Please be aware, however, that RateGain cannot guarantee that third parties will safeguard your personal information in a similar manner. Unencrypted information – including information sent via E-mail – may also be able to be read by third parties. As a user of our services, you are responsible for protecting the information you provide, including user name and passwords, from misuse, by encryption or other means.
How will we update this Policy?
Other important information
Our sites contain links to other websites not owned by RateGain. We do not control the content or privacy practices of those sites.
Our websites and offerings are directed to people in their business or professional capacities.
They are not intended for children under 13 years of age. We do not knowingly solicit information online from, or market online to, children under 13 years of age.
We process personal information on the basis of your consent. You have the right to withdraw consent at any time, but this will not affect any prior processing of your personal information.
How can you contact us about this Policy?